• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

searchresult sidebar is closed only after clicking TOC

New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After searching a word in the seach bar, no search results appeared for the particular word.
The problem is that, no result window/sidebar is closed only by clicking the TOC

How will i rectify it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the answer will be that the sidebar is expected to show results and if not the user will do an amended search, then close when they are finished.

You haven't said what version of RoboHelp you are using, what output and what skin so that's the best answer I can give.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thank you for the reply.

I'm using robohelp 2019 and generated output using charcoal grey_1

Please find the sample imag of serach result below. The no-result search results are ony after clicking on TOC.

Is this an expected behavior?

help.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not look like Charcoal Grey, the results seem to be mid screen. In an uncustomised version of Charcoal Grey the results should be on the left. I also not seen icons on the left in any skin.

image.png

There is no X, it is intended that you click another icon.

It's the same in 2019 Classic and 2019 New UI.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think Azure Blue and Charcoal Grey remember the tab you were on when you closed the help last.

I did a quick test.

1. Open output generated using Azure Blue skin. The TOC tab is open by default.

2. Click the Search tab.

3. Close the browser window.

4. Open the Azure Blue output. The Search tab is open by default.

This was running locally. I'm not sure if it's different on a web server or if it depends on browser settings (I've futzed with mine a lot).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp