• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set maximum window size in Frameless HTML output?

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our documentation was written and formatted with PDF output in mind. I am currently reworking it so it works well for both PDF and HTML Frameless output. Mostly just adjusting pictures to be more responsive right now as I am working my way through getting the skin adjusted appropriately. The output looks great on my 1920x1080 laptop screen up to about 3/4 the width of my 2k external monitor, but setting thing to the full width start looking way too spread out. Is there a way to set a maximum frame size and center everything on larger screens? I can only imagine how bad it could look on a large 4k monitor. I have responsive turned on in the skin editor and the Mobile Maximum width is set to the default of 1000, however I believe that only changes it between the mobile vs desktop view.

Is there a way to do it that would constrain the skin as well? I can go set a max-width wrapper on all my topics, but the TOC on the left and right are still spread out across the entire screen, looking sloppy.

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there's a single place to change it.

The best I could find in the editor was to set the Topic Page Header, Body and Footer container width to say 1400px and the margin-left and margin-right for all three to auto. Then play around with the Right Panel container settings (unsetting position: fixed seemed the easiest although it change the alignment a bit and I didn't test thoroughly). Then the home page would be similar for Top Sectiopn, Topic Area and Footer, I assume.

Otherwise you could inspect the output and figure out the best way of doing your own customisations (maybe with max-width) and creating your own custom stylesheet and applying as a User Asset in the skin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp