In the past, I imported several Word documents to create topics for my RoboHelp project. Recently, I had to import a new Word document, using the same Word template I'd created. However, when I imported it, I noticed that once imported, that topic width was only half of that of the previous topic. Why did this happen? How can I fix it so it's consistent with the others?
This is how all the other topics look and how the new one should look:
This is how the new topic looks:
It almost looks like it's been mobile optimized, reformatted for an iPhone.
This is the output - you need to have a look at your RH topics to look at one that is "right" and one that is "wrong" to figure out what snuck in on your recent import.
New one on me.
Double check page size of doc and template.
Check HTML of topic.
Temporarily apply a different CSS.
If the content is in a table, you might just need to right-click on the table and select AutoFit > AutoFit to window. This will set the width to 100%. Otherwise you can set a specific width in the Table Properties dialog box.
Not yet but I am documenting everything I've tried. I'll let you know once it's resolved.
This has been resolved. The issue was that, at some point, I must have inadvertently saved one of my Word documents as a .doc (the old file format of MS Word) instead of a .docx document, and was then continuing to import .doc files into RoboHelp. That was why my new topics weren't displaying properly; docx is a much better output format.
The RoboHelp topics I'd created previously, which were fine, were all .docx. So now I am careful to use only .docx files.