Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Setting up a new project in same manner as previous

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This question is about setting up a new project in RoboHelp 2019 Classic so that the output is the same as many others that were created previously. I'm not at the point yet of being ready to upgrade to RH 2020 (although hopefully this well happen fairly soon) so I'm still using an install of RH 2019 Classic.

I'm using the same style sheet and master page files as are used on the other prrojects, and I don't see a customized skin or screen layout that needs to be used, but the output doesn't appear the same as that of other projects. Topic content seems okay so far based on the style sheet. However, in the output the header bar is not the expected color and I need to reference the product logo so it's displayed in the header bar too. Any suggestions? Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021
I'm going to assume you're generating Responsive HTML, as webhelp is not supported in New UI. If the header bar is different from other projects that would suggest the screen layout has been customised for the other projects - the name might be the same as a default screen layout. In a correct project, open the Output (SSL) you're using and check which screen layout is being used. Switch to the Output Setup pod and find the screen layout. Right-click on it and select Export. Note the name of...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to assume you're generating Responsive HTML, as webhelp is not supported in New UI.

If the header bar is different from other projects that would suggest the screen layout has been customised for the other projects - the name might be the same as a default screen layout.

In a correct project, open the Output (SSL) you're using and check which screen layout is being used. Switch to the Output Setup pod and find the screen layout. Right-click on it and select Export. Note the name of the file and and where you saved it.

Then in the new project, right-click on the Screen Layouts folder and select Import. Browse to the screen layout you exported. If the same layout name exists, it will be automatically given a slightly different one (a number aded at the end of the name). In your Output, select the new screen layout.

Hopefully that will make your new project look like your old ones.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also clarify my statement about webhelp not being supported in New UI.

If you're currently generating webhelp, you'll be able to upgrade your project to New UI, but the output will be switched to Responsive HTML. The name of the output will not be changed though, so if it's called Webhelp in Classic, it will still be called Webhelp in New UI, but it will actually be generating a Responsive output. I think the skin is automatically changed to Azure Blue in this case as well.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I believe the responsiveness is turned off, so it wouldn't re-size like a "normal" HTML5 layout would.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Amebr  and @Jeff_Coatsworth,

Your responses helped direct my next attempts and a resolution is underway.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation