• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing the spell check text file with multiple users (Shared Resource)

Explorer ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We upgraded to RH2015 this year and one of our goals was to implement a global way of accessing the Spell Check text file so all the writers are working from the same spell check list.

So, in one topic there may be a reference that is currently not in the spell check file:

SpellCheck_Image1.jpg

When you rt-click and select Spelling | Add to Dictionary it gets added into an obscure .txt file located in the C:\Users\<username> folder:

SpellCheck_Image2.jpg

The text file is an alphabetized non-delimited file containing all the words that have been added. Based on the other language files it appears the file is empty when RH is first installed so I don't think there's a default list for the spell check functionality. Also, all words added from all projects are in this same file - not sure what Adobe was thinking but I digress.

SpellCheck_Image3.jpg

With multiple writers, I was hoping we could share the same list but I don't see how since this is tied to the specific user account.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2016 Jun 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there's a way to define that pathway. I looked and there's not a registry that points to that file either. The closest I got was this Lexicons key in the registry. Not sure what it's for but it allows you to define the location for Personal Dictionary.tlx.

But this folder/file don't exist on my system. And the added.txt dictionary is a .txt file, not a .tlx file.

(Btw, here's a related post on spell checking folders. can i change the dictionary for spell checking )

I think we'll have to come up with a script-based solution, something along these lines:
* Whenever we append the dictionary, we also modify a dictionary name of the same type that's committed in our source control repo.

* We then update each user dictionary whenever we open a project from that dictionary in the source control.

Something like that might allow us to synchronize dictionaries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp