• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Skipped copying external file

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have donwloaded trial veriso of RH2020. On generating an output it gives a warning message in logs " Skipped copying external file. I had inserted video with a link in two topcis. 

Can anyone suggest anysolution to solve this issue or a relvant reason? 

Thnaks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all why have you downloaded 2020 when 2022 is available?

On your question, you have linked to a file that is not part of your project. Most likely is the video is on your local drive so when users click the link, they will not be able to access it.

Import the file to within your project folders and then link to it. That should fix it.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Grainge, 

Thanks for replying.

My bad, we are using RH 2022. And trying to migrate from Robohelp project from 2017 to 2022. In the project, we have linked a Youtube video (using insert multi media option). The publicly pusblished video was fine when we compiled the project in RH 2017. But in RH22, when trying to compile, we are getting the above said error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, when tried the same thing in a new project. The video can be seen and is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd remove the link from the upgraded project & try adding it again and then see if survives generating intact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp