Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippet - How Many Times Used

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am fortunate enough (read the sarcasm...) to be working on a project in Robohelp Classic; it's being moved to the 2019 version but until then it has to be maintained in Classic. 

There are an absolute TON of snippets in the project and I would like to be able to see how many times each snippet is used and if possible, the location(s) where each snippet is used. Is there any way to accomplish these requests? 

Thank you in advance!

Natalie Grierson

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

You can right click the Snippet and select Properties or go to Tools > Topic Properties > Snippets to see the topics a snippet is used in. The report gives you the locations. There isn't a count but I'm guessing maybe you just want some idea.

You can click Copy and paste the report into Word, then apply a numbered list if you must have the numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can right click the Snippet and select Properties or go to Tools > Topic Properties > Snippets to see the topics a snippet is used in. The report gives you the locations. There isn't a count but I'm guessing maybe you just want some idea.

You can click Copy and paste the report into Word, then apply a numbered list if you must have the numbers.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an ugly Word macro you could run on the report, assuming you can run macros in your environment.

It'll put the content into a three column table, with the third column containing the count of topics. The third column is blank for any snippet not used in the project.

I can't guarantee that it's accurate, but a small test seemed okay and is better than manually counting. 🙂

I was going to upload it, but it looks like the attachment feature has been removed since last I checked (or it's in a weird(er) spot from last time...)

Let me know if you're interested and I'll do some more digging on how to share it.

EDIT

Looks like you can't attach when you post, but instead need to edit your post to get the function...

1. Download this text file and change the extension to .bas instead of .txt.
  2. Open the Word developer environment.
  3. Right click on ThisDocument, select Import File and browse to the bas file. (You could add it to your Normal template if you want to use this more often. The process is similar, but I'd create a new module and import into that module.)
  4. Then use View > Macros to select the macro and run it on your document.

EDIT 2:

The forums seem to be coughing up a furball at the moment. It doesn't look like the upload worked, even though I didn't get an error.

I'll leave it for a bit to see if things are better when Adobe fix the forums, and investigate other means of sharing while I wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to find this information in RH "reimagined"  ?

I went to the usual, click on the snippet, and select Properties....but "Where used" is not there.  Where did they move it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reports

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp