Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Snippet hts files

Explorer ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

R2019, new UI, update 9 and 10:

is there a way NOT to publish the hts files of the snippets?

Of course these files are needed somewhere in the project folder (when building the site), but when publishing the site the snippets are 'baked into' the pages, so the hts files are - as far as I know - not needed in the published folder.
Reason NOT to have them published: on performing a search action, using a search term that is used in the text of a snippet that is within a drop-down, clicking on the page of the search result will open that hts file (as source code):
in update 9 this bug only happened with Edge [ https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-5800 ]
in update 10 now also Chrome and FireFox are affected.
[BTW: it concerns snippets within snippets: the text triggering the drop-down is a snippet, the text within the drop-down is also a snippet]

I would prefer not to have those hts files published.
So question 1: is my statement correct that those hts files are not needed in the published version?
[it looks like they are not needed if I read https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp/snippets-and-baggage-files/m-p/3629079#M75762 ]
Question 2: if yes, is there an easy way not to have those hts files published?

In addition I notice that a styled word, for instance a word with the first letter in bold (within the snippet), is not indexed for the search (for the auto complete in the search box).
As 'plain vanilla text' it appears correctly, but when it is (partially) 'styled' there is no match.

Regards,

Dirk

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done a search of an output and cannot find any HTS files. I see the reference to an HTS file in an output but the path is the path within the source files, not the output. Have you searched and found otherwise? The thread you refer to is from an old version of RoboHelp so it is not relevant to your version.

The search term in my test was found in outputpath\whxdata\search_auto_map_0.js which is not a file for editing.

The test I did was for a simple dropdown and this is the result I got.

image.png

The term is found but you would not want it presented to the user in that way.

Nested dropdowns have always been a problem. I can only suggest you go back to the bug report and update it adding how the term is displayed in a single dropdown so that all the issues can be fixed in one go.

In the report you ask about attaching a project. Could you not recreate this in a single topic project that just illustrates the issues? It does not have to contain any proprietary content.

www.grainge.org

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I will indeed create a simple sample project (similar to the one I attached at https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-6288 ) and I will add 'instructions' to replicate the different issues.

I will attach it at RH-5800, and when done, I will give a notice here.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

I attached a sample project in which I could recreate the issues @ https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-5800

In the zip there is a project and and a publish folder.

The start page contains the explantion and some screenshots of the issues.

I added also the published version, for 2019.0.9 and 2019.0.10

I hope this would clarify more easily the mentioned issues.

Regards,

Dirk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp