Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Books from TOC are missing when generate to Microsoft HTML Help

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem when generating My Project to Microsoft HTML Help with Robohelp 2020. All of the Book drop-down lists are displayed on the Tables of Contents in My project.

books displayed.png

But when I generated to Microsoft HTML Help its only displayed 1 book list. 

image_2022_09_05T07_47_12_977Z.png

If anyone can give me some direction on what I need to do, I'd really appreciate it.

Thank u!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have condition tags defined and a condition expression selected in the output? That could be excluding topics with particular tags from your output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I changed my RoboHelp version from version 11 to 2020. when I imported data from version 11 to version 2020, there were no problems. In the previous version (RoboHelp version 11) I did use condition tags & condition expression but after importing to the 2020 version the conditionals disappeared/became empty. 

Technosoft25975127izsk_1-1662436394267.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you import or upgrade? You should have used the option to Upgrade Project rather than importing topics. If you imported and have only just made the switch and haven't really changed any content, you could try the upgrade process to a new folder and see if that works correctly.

If you imported and have made content changes since the switch, don't worry, we can see if we can figure out the problem.

To the specific missing folders, if you click on one of the missing books in the table of contents, check the properties panel to see if "Hide in output" is selected.  This setting ensures content is included in the output, but does not display in the table of contents. If it's set, then unselect it and repeat for all books and topics. Theoretically you would have had to specifically set it, but stranger things have happened.

Beyond that, I'll have to have more of a think about what else to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I mean I'm upgrading to RoboHelp 2020. I have already check the properties panel, the "Hide in Output" checkbox is not checked on all missing books in the table of contents. 

Technosoft25975127izsk_0-1662438845858.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have multiple projects on Robohelp, when I try to generate the other project to the Microsoft HTML Help there's no problem the Books on TOC are displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you expand a couple of the books? Are the topics attached correctly? Are there any symbols on the topic references?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the topics are attached correctly and there are no symbols (like "X red" symbols) on the topics. The Hide in Outputs checkbox on the topic is unchecked too. 

Technosoft25975127izsk_0-1662440203656.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there doesn't appear to be a topic attached to that page in the toc (the Source field is blank). If you link it to the correct topic then that page should appear in the output correctly.  

If you haven't made many changes since you upgraded, can you try the upgrade process again? Perhaps another attempt will upgrade the toc correctly. 

If you can't try to upgrade again then I think you'll have to redo your TOC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which update of 2020 are you using? 2020.8 is the latest. See Update 8 is now available - Adobe Support Community - 12693168

Is the correct TOC selected in the preset.

Also is a condition expression applied in the CHM preset?

Beyond that I can't readily think of a reason but I'm happy to take a look at the project. Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp