• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spell check in RoboHelp 2019 does not even find a single mistake.

Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The spell check in RoboHelp 2019 is not working. It does not even find a single issue in the entire project. I tried making intentional spelling mistakes as well. Can someone help me understand if I am missing something as I installed RoboHelp last week.

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have spell checking enabled in Preferences?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Posted perhaps a similar response:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/RoboHelp/F7-Spell-Check-Does-nothing/td-p/10629034

According to RH staff, Patch 9 corrected something.  However, now F2 simply reveals the errors. No modeless dialog is presented to repair the errors.  Also correcting the error does not eliminate the red underline. 

My issue is that 100's of pages are impossible to spell check since you'd have to open every page and do a visual squigly red line search.  Huge deficiency. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was only looking at what is in this thread where the issue was only that it was not working. The issue seems to be it is working but not in the way it did in Classic and not in a way that is as helpful as it could be.

To get that addressed, you need to post a feature request seeking to restore the functionality that is in Classic.

Please follow this link. https://tracker.adobe.com

Post the link in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click a specific instance of a misspelled word, you should get this dialog with suggestions.

clipboard_image_0.png

The issue there is thus that F7 doesn't scroll through the misspellings, you have to do that and then you have to right click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...if you are expecting me to do that with each word in a project with 500 topics, I am afraid that it is not possible. I have bought a license for the product and I should get this option in the tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offence though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have reported these issues and they will be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let me be clearer, Adobe will be fixing the issue of the spell check not operating across all topics. I raised it with them and they responded within minutes saying it would be fixed and it has been prioritised.

Personally it is a feature I have never used as I check my topics as I go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp