Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spellcheck magic checking!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1- Content of Drop-down box has no spellcheck text.

1-No spellcheck.jpg

2- Selected some, not all, of the text that is in a Drop-down box.

2-Seclection of field.jpg

3- Went into the source window. I changed nothing and went back to the Author window. Spellcheck applied for entire Drop-down box content.

3-Entire content spellchecked.jpg

Why is it doing that? Maybe it would be a good idea to completely remove the Spellcheck option.

I do not want to press F7 to try to remove the spellchecker option because I have Ignored out all the spell checks in all my documents. I do not want to risk reapplying them.

I requested the release 7 update to our main office.

Also, in the source page, is there a way to remove the Spellcheck option?

Thanks,

Pierre

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour Pierre. Comment allez vous?

There is a fix in Update 7 for spellcheck and French text with accents. Issues fixed in Adobe RoboHelp (2019 release) 

I assume you've ignored everything so it stops marking the spelling "errors". Theoretically that shouldn't be necessary once you upgrade to Update 7.

I'm not sure if you have update 7 installed yet or are still waiting for it to be installed? If you don't yet have Update 7 installed, wait until you get it, then try again and see if it still occurs.

If you do have Update 7 installed, it seems like it might be a bug.  I'd expect the spell check settings to behave the same in both editing and code view. You can report bugs here: Tracker

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2019 Jul 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amebr,

Je vais bien, merci, et toi?

No, update 7 is not installed. Requested it yesterday. Hope they will install it quickly.

By the way, the spellcheck problem is not only with the French text with accents. In image 3, in the blue text at the bottom, it is identifying SVP. In another text, it is identifying my last name, Lacroix.

Funny to see that the Spellchecker in this text box is not checking my name.

The problem is not the spellchecking, the problem is the space left in front of the checked word or part of word.

It's funny to see that this text box, that we are using to communicate, also has spellchecking, but it wont leave a space in front of the word or split it up. Maybe the code here should be used in RoboHelp! All the other formatting options should also be copied to RoboHelp!

I will give you the results when the updates will be installed.

Ciao!

Pierre 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp