Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop words and Search issues

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with a search not working. I admin a knowledge base for a call center, and one of our topics in the knowledge base is "do not call request" for customers calling in that wish to be placed on a do not call list.

I know "do" and "not" are stop words, so I deleted them from the stop word list. No matter what I try to do, nothing will allow this topic to be pulled up in search. I've made "do not call" specific keywords for the topic, but they still do not pull up results. If I search for call request, the topic comes up because it's called "do not call request". But if the search contains "do" or "not" it will not work despite those words being deleted off the stop word list.

I'm having a hard time figuring this out, and if anyone can give some advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

I suspect it doesn't work because NOT is a special search term. To change that behaviour I think you'd have to dig in to the javascript that makes the search functionality work. And/or submit a feature request.

As a work around you could try searching using phrase search with quotes: "do not call request". (I did a little test with Multiscreen HTML 5 and it seemed to work, but I don't know if your results will be the same depending on which version of Robohelp you are using and which output you a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect it doesn't work because NOT is a special search term. To change that behaviour I think you'd have to dig in to the javascript that makes the search functionality work. And/or submit a feature request.

As a work around you could try searching using phrase search with quotes: "do not call request". (I did a little test with Multiscreen HTML 5 and it seemed to work, but I don't know if your results will be the same depending on which version of Robohelp you are using and which output you are generating.)

Although I realise that isn't ideal and requires everyone to know that a special search is needed. (I created a little Search Tips topic that opens in a new window from a link below the search box (multiscreen html) and is also accessible in the table of contents which contains quick tips like phrase searches and using the special search terms AND and NOT.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp