• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange code added to beginning of topic in RoboHelp 2022

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found strange code like the following being added to the beginning of a topic in RoboHelp 2022? I cannot pinpoint when this happens, but I notice it when I try to generate a word doc with the topic because it generates an error.  I have seen this at least three of four times since upgrade. I am most definintely not adding this code myself and I can verify that it was added since my last edit (also in RoboHelp 2022) by looking at git.

<p><span><span contenteditable="false" style="height: 0px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px; display: block; z-index: 9999; color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 0px; line-height: 0px; position: absolute; border-top: 1px dashed rgb(0, 116, 217); user-select: none; left: 0px; right: 0px; top: 439px;"><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;right:0px;border-right-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 8px 8px 0;top:-8px"> </span><span style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;border-color:transparent;display:block;border-style:solid;left:0px;border-left-color:#0074D9;border-width:8px 0 8px 8px;top:-8px"> </span><span contenteditable="false" style="width:0px;height:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;display:block;z-index:9999;color:#fff;position:absolute;font-size: 0px;line-height:0px;height:17px;width:17px;right:17px;background:url(file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20RoboHelp/resources/app.asar/staging/offline_app/ckeditor/plugins/magicline/images/icon.png) center no-repeat #0074D9;cursor:pointer;top:-8px; border-radius: 2px;" title="Insert paragraph here">↵</span></span></span></p>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are saying that code is not in the source topic but getting added when you generate, correct?

The bit in that code that is worrying is this

url(file:///C:/Program%20Files/Adobe/Adobe%20RoboHelp/resources/app.asar/staging/offline_app/ckeditor/plugins/magicline/images/icon.png

That suggests something is pointing to RoboHelp in Program Files. Is that an image in a topic?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know whether the code was added when I attempted to generate or when I edited the topic. It is in the source but I didn't add it. I saw it a few times when upgrading from RoboHelp 2020 to RoboHelp 2022 and I don't know if it was added during the upgrade or when editing a file after (I went in and edited heading levels of all my topics as part of the upgrade process). I noticed it because a Word doc would fail to generate. Then I narrowed down on the topic causing the issue, found the code at the top,  deleted it, and then the doc generated OK.

At first I thought it was caused by the upgrade process, but in this last instance, it happened in project that was already upgraded to RoboHelp 2022 I was just making some simple edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hang on - is the code in the source RH project topics or in the output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found it in the source. It could have been output to help files before I removed it, but I'm not sure. I just found it and removed it when my Word files wouldn't generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, that's slightly worrying - I don't think any of that should in your source topics - it might have been munged up at some point by generating back into your source project folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that I ever generated back into my source. Also, I can verify that it just happened today by looking at my previous git commit. That code was not in the topic before I edited the topic today. I edited other topics as well, but the code was only added in the one topic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, one way to prove if your hook up to source control is the culprit would be to check the entire project out, verify that the code doesn't exist in any of the topics, then make an edit & see if it shows up.
[Edit - because something has got to be causing this and nobody else is mentioning it happening in their projects]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not hooked up to source control within RoboHelp. I just check out my branch from git and then run locally. Then, I commit outside of RoboHelp. I think that whatever is happening is within RoboHelp itself, especially because it is referencing a file that RoboHelp seems to have installed. I wonder if people have not seen it because it only causes errors when generating a Word document? If I see it again, I will try generating help to see if it is in the output files and if it causes any warnings or errors for that output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never heard of anyone with that code appearing when creating Word docs either. Is your RH2022 all patched up to the current level? I don't think you mentioned what patch you're on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am on RoboHelp 2022.3.93. If I see that code again (I think I probably will), I will investigate some more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can find the app.asar file. It looks like it is installed with RoboHelp 2022 in the directory referenced above. I don't know how to unpack it to view its contents. I don't think I'm using any icon.png in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry if these points have been covered. 

• RoboHelp is installed in the default location? 
  • You are generating to the same drive as the project? 
  • You have tried with project and output on your local drive? 
  • You've checked out a fresh copy of the source? 
  • Before generating use Find & Replace set to Search in Code for any part of that code. Do this straight after checking a fresh copy. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very early on when RH2019 was released I managed to drag the user interface into my topics. It was quickly fixed, but I wonder if something has been broken since and some icons are possible to accidentally drag in now?

I'm wondering because ckeditor (in the file path) is a wysiwyg html editor...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this bit sounds like the blue bar and little icon that shows when you're inside some block elements and you need to create a paragraph outside that element. Like for snippets? I forget exactly where they appear. 

title="Insert paragraph here">↵

And I think I have heard of that getting into topics before. But I don't think we ever got a resolution or could reliably reproduce the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here we go, a few examples of this code getting into the source code but no idea how.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/blue-arrows-blue-line-and-a-blue-box-is-appearin...

I think this needs to be raised as a bug so Adobe can figure out what is going on.

You can request features and report issues here: https://tracker.adobe.com/
Post the item number in the discussion so people can easily vote if they want the same functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp