• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Structuring a Project to Use a Landing Page

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to migrate all the RH2017 content into a RH2020 project but I don't plan to mirror the same structure.  Here's the situation: I need build a project that uses different menus for different types of users.  The plan is to build a landing page to present information buckets for carriers, vendors, suppliers, and SaaS users and point them to the page with the menu relevant for them.  I don't want to create separate projects for each because SaaS users will be using 100% of the content; whereas, carriers, vendors, and suppliers will use smaller portions of the same.  The content for all information types is cross-referenced throughout.  So, the entire project content needs to be single-source. 

Am I going down the wrong path on a way to create different information buckets that make use of the same content?  Is there a better way?  I'm thinking that there probably is. 🙂

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking you want a default topic (landing page) and then topics with tags applied to enable Dynamic Content Filtering. It's explained in the About RoboHelp sample project and in the RoboHelp Tour (grainge.org) where you can see it working.

Click the filter option to see information about just the current version or all previous versions.

image.png

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew someone had to have done this.  Thank you so much for the resource! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this the material you suggest that I explore?

https://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/rh_tour/rh2020/toc_index_glossary/toc.htm 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try this one. Dynamic Content Filtering (grainge.org)

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp