Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Style is not applied in generated WebHelp

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using RoboHelp 2015 on a Windows 7 computer.  I copied a Web Help project into a new directory and then opened it in WebHelp.  The project was created many years ago and then updated over the years.  The latest default.css file is in this directory and also in the generated output directory.

When I generate the WebHelp output, all the styles are applied correctly except one.  The name of this style, COLUMNNAME, is all caps.  The rest of the style names have initial caps or all small letters.  Why is only one style in the document not being formatted correctly?

This style has a color applied.  Only one other style in a document has a color applied and it works ok.

The style formatting shows up correctly in the RoboHelp ap.  If I click on the text, then double click on the style, the style formatting then shows up correctly in the generated output.  This solution would be OK except I have thousands of text with this style.

Thanks for your help.

Diane

TOPICS
WebHelp

Views

325

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016
Have you examined a topic where that style is used? Perhaps in the topic it's COLUMNNAME and in your CSS file it's now Columname and there is a mismatch.Cheers... Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When a style shows in CAPS, it means it is not in the CSS or there is some

spelling difference. Check again. Post back if you cannot resolve with that

information.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for your help.  The COLUMNNAME style was already in the default.css.  I changed it to Columnname.  However, the style was not applied.  I copied the updated default.css file to all places, source, generate and publish for all the test projects.  It did not help.  This entire project is 20 years old, so it has gone thru many versions of RoboHelp.

Thanks for your help.

Diane

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you examined a topic where that style is used? Perhaps in the topic it's COLUMNNAME and in your CSS file it's now Columname and there is a mismatch.

Cheers... Rick

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check the spelling - perhaps one instance only has one 'n' while the other has two. I know I've been caught out by that sort of thing before.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2016 Jul 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you to all of you.  Every answer helped.  It turns out that in the HTML in the topic, it was written "ColumnName".  I changed the name in the default.css file to "ColumnName".  I copied the default.css file to the directories for each source project.  I also copied it to the generate and publish folders.  This worked great!  All my headings have the proper font and color applied to them..

Thank you for your help and saving me tons of time.

Diane

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp