Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Style not applying?

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello helpful community,

I am using Robohelp 2020.0.156. Can anyone tell my why the h3 is formatting correctly (ie 14 pt) in the first image, but not in the second? I have the same issue before it is output (ie in the authoring panel.)

Thanks kindly for any input, Dorothy

Robohelp screenshot 2020-12-21 172708.pngRobohelp screenshot 2020-12-21 172709.png

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is relevant but you should be on Update 3. Check>Updates will not work from that version so see the Announcements on the forum to find out how to update.

Also not relevant but why are you applying so much inline styling (the margins). If it is something you regularly use, create a style so that if you need to change it later, you just need to change the CSS once.

Are the two topics using the same CSS as the bullet points in the second image seem to have an extreme gap between the bullet and the text? Also one has a solid bullet and another is a circle but otherwise the same indentation.

I don't think it will change anything but select the wrong title and in Properties > General click the Clear Formatting icon top right.

Then look at the CSS of that topic in RoboHelp's CSS editor (just double click the CSS file). In your screenshot two lines are shown with strikethrough. How do they show in the editor? I would expect /* at the start of the line and */ at the end.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your second screenshot, you haven't selected the heading so we can see the styles applied. (You still have the first h3 selected.)

It looks like there is a <span> tag around that heading so I assume something to do with the span styling is overriding the <h3> styling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- Thanks for the help, I reallly appreciate it.

@Peter Grainge 
Re: version -- OK, thanks, I have updated to Update 3.  

Re: margins -- I inherited this project, so I'm not sure why the margins are they way they are but I will try to create a style to address it.
Re: bullets -- I haven't gotten as far formatting that part. 

Re: clear formatting -- that worked! TY! I did try that before, not sure why it didn't work then.

Re: topic CSS -- this topic doesn't have it's own CSS. When I click on the style sheets dropdown (see screenshots below) I'm not clear which to chose to give it it's own CCS file like the others have. I've googled this info but can't figure it out.

Dorothy5C47_0-1608843195238.png

@Amebr Er, right, ty!

Happy holidays! Dorothy 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at Reports > Topic List and see what is applied to other topics. It looks like someone may have created a CSS for every topic as normally you would only see a small number in a project and often just one.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp