• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Styles disappearing during generation (RH2020)

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Today, all I added to a RH project was a masterpage with breadcrumbs. I don't know if this is related, but all of a sudden one of my heading styles—once bold and red—is not displaying as it was before. What is strange is that when I look at a topic with this style in it in Author view and Preview, the heading style renders correctly (bold and red). When I look at the Source view, the right class is being applied. And when I look at the style in the CSS—Heading3NonTOC—it is bold, 13 pt and red (#DE350B):

query.PNG

So the CSS is being applied correctly in RH. But when I generate HTML 5, the heading is rendered 12 pt normal and black. 

Adding to the strangemess, when I interrodate the generated HTML, the heading that is 12 pt normal and black is styled with the CSS class that says it should be bold and red:

<p class="Heading3NonTOC">Expanding and collapsing elements</p>

I'm thoroughly lost! Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Do you have a stylesheet assigned to the master page and is it different from the one assigned to the topic? If so I believe the master page one will override your topic one.

If not then I think the next step is to use the developer tools to see what stylesheet is being applied in the output. That might give some clues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a stylesheet assigned to the master page and is it different from the one assigned to the topic? If so I believe the master page one will override your topic one.

If not then I think the next step is to use the developer tools to see what stylesheet is being applied in the output. That might give some clues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I found a stylesheet attached to the master page (though I hadn't actually selected it). Perhaps it was automatically attached because I had modified some of the breadcrumb styles. Anyway, I deleted the reference to a stylesheet and regenerated the project—and my styles came back. Many thanks for your help—ance again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp