Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stylesheet is not applied to output

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an unexpected issue with generating WebHelp output from the RoboHelp project. The needed stylesheet doesn't apply to the topics in output, although this stylesheet is applied to all topics in the project. This is an old project that has previously been generated multiple times with no issues. But we have recently upgraded to RoboHelp 2015, and that's when the issue arised. Can the upgrade be related to the output issue? If yes, could you advise how to fix this? Or any other possible fixes will be appreciated, as we are approaching the project deadline, and this is critical.

Thank you,

Oksana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't be necessary if the CSS is applied to all topics but there is an option in the SSL layout to define which CSS is used. Try specifying the required CSS there.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the file name of the CSS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It is called V6 New Look and Feel.css.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick should be safely tucked up in bed right now so perhaps I can help. I suspect Rick's reason for asking was to see if there were any spaces in the file name, which there are.

In Project Manager, right click the file name and remove the spaces. You can also see that if you attempt to put a space back in somewhere, RoboHelp will add an underscore. It might also be worth shortening the file name in case you are running into a path length issue.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Removing spaces fixed the issue. Thanks a lot for the advice, it really made my day!

Best,

Oksana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to see that fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man, thank you so much for this! I was having the exact same problem as the original poster, and I was reaching near-panic. I stumbled across this, removed the spaces from the style sheets, and everything looks great. WHEW!

Thanks!

-Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Had the same issue.  Didn't realize I was using a CSS with a space in it until I read this.

Also, looking at source for the HTML files it was appending "_1" to the CSS file name for each topic for the CSS file that had the space in the name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp