• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sub sections missing in Word output

Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an Online type TOC with Sections and "sub" sections. When I output a Word file with that TOC, the top-level sections come through as Heading 1s as I'd expect, however the sub-section "Tasks" is not in the Word file at all. Am I missing something? Robohelp 2020, build 2020.3.32.

Robohelp TOC:

rh_toc.png

Word nav and page where I thought the sub-section heading would be:

word_nav.png

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

It simply means that the Tasks section name in the first image will not appear in the TOC. The topics below (Add Task and Work Task) will appear in the TOC immediately below Delete.

The heading levels of the topics are nothing to do with that. They will appear in the document as designed.

Including all section names regardless of level will be considered as a feature change for a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Layout section of the preset. There is an option to include section headings. Is that selected?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have everything checked on in the Layout section. Here's what it looks like:

2021-02-17 09_16_34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a page on my site about the new TOCs but as far as I can see, you have things set up correctly. The Table of Contents (grainge.org)

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter Grainge looked at my project and confirmed this appears to be a bug. He reported it to Adobe, so I'm going to mark this as done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to say that Adobe do not regard this as a bug. For the Word output nested sections will not display and your only option for Word is to move all sections to one level.

What you can do is enter what you see as top level sections in upper case and what would have been lower levels in mixed case. That indicates some sort of hierarchy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst this issue is not regarded as a bug, that does not mean it will not be considered as a feature request in future updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, does this mean currently Word output can only have H1 and H2 levels based on topics? Anything lower must be content within a topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It simply means that the Tasks section name in the first image will not appear in the TOC. The topics below (Add Task and Work Task) will appear in the TOC immediately below Delete.

The heading levels of the topics are nothing to do with that. They will appear in the document as designed.

Including all section names regardless of level will be considered as a feature change for a future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for clarifying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp