• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subkeywords in Index don't work in HTML5 help output

New Here ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a comprehensive index in RoboHelp Version 2020.7.46 and output it to HTML5 help. In the output, when I click on a keyword, it takes me to the correct topic. When I click on a subkeyword, it shows four boxes looping around eachother in an endless spin. How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set up a keyword and a subkeyword and linked both to topics. It's working fine in a responsive HTML5 skin.

Please set out the exact steps you have followed for each.

Also are you generating to a local folder?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for testing it.

I am generating to a local folder.

Most of the index markers came over when I imported FrameMaker files into RoboHelp. Those had a key icon followed by a bookmark icon. I left all of those in because it was nice to have the link go directly to the spot on the page where the keyword occurred rather than just take the user to the topic.

The rest of the markers I added by first creating the keywords and subkeywords directly into the Index panel on the lefthand side. I would then open a topic in the righthand side and drag and drop the little key icon into the spot on the page where the word was located.

Then I would generate the output using HTML5 with a default skin.

When I would view the output, everything looked good, but when I clicked on any of the subkeywords (whether they were added by the FrameMaker import or added manually by me), I got the spinning blocks that would just spin forever until I clicked on something else or closed the browser. Clicking on a top-level keyword works just fine.

I also tried adding the keywords/subkeywords to the topic itself in the Index section of the Topic Properties panel on the righthand side, but that didn't correct the problem either so I removed those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I haven't used the drag method but in the project I was using it worked OK.

Then I opened another project without an index and repeated the test using drag, I got the spinning squares. After that I created a link to a bookmark rather than dragging and that worked. At that point I was suspecting the issue was the use of drag but I wasn't sure so I trashed the keyword and subkeywords and started again.

This is how my index looks now.

image.png

File uses the drag method and Stop is using the bookmark method. I generated again and it is all working fine, both methods work.

Is this how your index looks?

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. I will have to try the bookmark link. Not sure how to do that, but I know there are instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having a similar problem, Robohelp is adding a : in the id of the data-indexterm for subkeywords in the index when you drag it into the topic. If you change the : in the id to an _ it will fix the problem. Do not change the : in the data-indexterm value as the colon tells Robohelp that the keyword following the : is the subkeyword.

Example: <a data-indexterm="Custom Fields:Custom Fields Toolbar" id="Custom Fields:Custom_Fields_Toolbar"></a> will be what is added to the source when the subkeyword is dragged into the topic from the index. Simply change the colon to an underscore <a data-indexterm="Custom Fields:Custom Fields Toolbar" id="Custom Fields_Custom_Fields_Toolbar"></a>. 

On a side note I have alot of these so if someone can write a script to mass change this that would be awesome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Theresa Fisher iHM See if you can replicate it in the About RoboHelp sample project. If you can, report it as a bug. Please follow this link to report bugs or request new features. https://tracker.adobe.com. Post the link to your bug report / feature request in this thread and others can vote for it. The more people who do so, the higher it gets prioritised.

Have you tried using Find and Replace set to source code? Back up the project first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes tried in About Robohelp sample. Reported as bug. https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-12438

Find and replace is slow going as you dont want to replace the colon in the data-indexterm value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp