I'm having trouble using RoboHelp with SVN source control. One of these tools is renaming my files. The developer adding the help to the app tells me that bullet.png has been deleted from the output. I see it in my working copy. However, in the !SSL! file and published out put file, it has been renamed to bullet_nc.png. Therefore, it shows as missing when I commit. I then delete bullet.png because I think it is no longer used...and on we go. Why is the name correct in the working copy, but not in the published help? This keeps happening with graphic and html files and I look like an idiot to the developers. Help!
Post branched as it is a different issue to the one it was tacked onto.
Which version of Robohelp are you using? And which output are you generating? Are you the only person working on the Robohelp source project? I assume bullet.png is being used in bullet lists, but please confirm if this is not the case.
Is it only bullet.png that is affected? You say "This keeps happening with graphic and html files" which suggests that other files are being changed as well? If htm files are being renamed, to me that would suggest something outside Robohelp.
I am using RoboHelp 19 classic and generating WebHelp. I share the license with a writer in Romania and he checks i the files to SVN and I update before I make changes. Then I commit.
This happens for graphic and html files. The file name is correct in my working directory, but I guess RoboHelp renames the file when I create the Web Help; for example, bullet.png to bullet_nc.png or vdmehome.tnl to vdmehome_1.htm to vdmehome_1_1.htm. When I check in the published output file to SVN, files are missing. I've deleted them in the past because I didn't realize RoboHelp was renaming the files and thought SVN was telling me we had made changes that made the missing files obsolete.
Development says it is RoboHelp. I do know that we are versioning the pss file and the Snippets pages says not to.
and when I publish WebHelp, Robohelp keeps renaming the default topic and adding the new name to the old one: file:///C:/Users/fhyman/Documents/2019/Empirica%20Safety%20and%20Signal%20project/Empirica%20Help%20...