• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Symbolic link

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I prefer to keep de Robohelp project files separated from the content.

For example, content pages are stored in GIT (and connected to a Jenkins job), but I don't want my repository filled with

RoboHelp files.

Yes, I can use .gitIgnore but it would be far more convenient if RoboHelp gave the opportunity to use content pages that

are NOT part of the directory RoboHelp is stored in (this is so 80ties ;o)) or maybe use symbolic links.

Is there a way to keep the RoboHelp files separated from the content?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2016 Feb 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the RoboHelp files, do you mean the *.fpj files, the *.apj files etc? Without these files, you don't have a RoboHelp project. Additionally, RoboHelp also stores content in the project files (Table of Contents, Index, Language resources, etc.)

RoboHelp gives you an all or nothing scenario. You can put all files in GIT manually, but you can also use a GIT to MSSCCI plugin to handle it from RoboHelp. In which case all files are added to source control. If you want different behaviour, you will have to try to set it up yourself. RoboHelp doesn't support it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp