• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Table of Contents Panel getting collapsed when user zooms browser

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using HTML5 Help for output. We are finding that a lot of our users zoom their browsers above 100% which can cause the Table of Contents panel/sidebar panel to get collapsed. Is there a way that I can force that panel to keep its size and shrink the topic panel instead when a user zooms or resizes the browser window?

TOPICS
Output presets

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's happening is that as they zoom, the "responsive" part of the Responsive HTML5 name kicks in. This is designed for using the help on phones and tablets, but also affects desktop browsers when you resize the browser window or zoom in.

Which version of robohelp are you using? If it's RH2020 you could try turning off the Responsive toggle in the skin you're using. However, if you need the help accessible on different size devices, then this probably won't be acceptable.

You could also try playing with the Phone  and Tablet maximum width setting, but you'll need to test on a wide range of phones and tablets to make sure the experience is acceptable for those users. This is also the only option if you are using  Classic (if you don't need phone or tablet if using classic, I *think* you can set both to zero, but don't quote me on that as I've never tried).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Using the Responsive switch fixed the problem! We don't have any users on a cellphone so we don't need that feature. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp