• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical Communication Suite 2019 does not accept license codes for Robohelp and Captivate

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to install Technical Communication Suite 2019 and while I have managed to make it install and run FrameMaker, it won't install RoboHelp and Captivate properly.

When I try to run these programs, I get an Invalid License Number message. And Adobe Support merely points me to paid help or the community.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue?

Bjørn Smalbro - FrameMaker.dk

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support should not be suggesting paid help for a supported version, neither should they be sending you to the forum for a licencing issue. My normal answer where Adobe Support is required is as below.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. The email link tcssup@adobe.com is recommended as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp. 

However, I believe any part of Support should be able to help you on licencing issues.

I'm not sure it is still correct but believe the downloads for TCS and standalone RoboHelp and Captivate are different. The only thing I can offer is asking if you are installing everything from TCS.

The other possibility is 2019 was available as a perpetual licence and as a subscription. The latter uses your Adobe login rather than a key. Maybe there is something there behind this.

Either way, you need to go back to Support and tell them it is their job to fix this.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter! I shall write to support.

Best regards

Bjørn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, @Peter Grainge is correct.

If you are using a serial number, you must use the TCS installer for all the programs.

If you have a subscription, you can use the individual installers since you log in with your Adobe ID.

Sometimes cleaning up installations with the Adobe CC Cleaner to remove your apps and Adobe ID info can help more than just uninstalling. As an aside, I had a bugger of a time to get RoboHelp not to crash upon start up; I had to get into the registery, remove any mention of RoboHelp from it, and reinstall.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @Creamer Training !

I did use the Technical Communication Suite Installer.

Actually Adobe used it for me, because installing any of the Suites, and older versions of FrameMaker has become a bloody nightmare. So, after spending several hours on this brand new pc, AND using all the suggested "tricks", which Adobe have on their website, I gave up and had Adobe support install the thing for me. Only to discover that, that was not enough. RoboHelp and Captivate would not accept the serial numbers, even after having been installed along with FrameMaker. I work as a service provider and have customers using techcomm products going all the way back to TC2015 and earlier, so I regularly have to make this stuff work and it is really a hazzle!.

And for those wondering... In order to install Technical Communication Suite 2019, you have to first install Adobe CC. It is stated nowhere. </rant-end>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, Peter is always correct! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Matt S - Tech Comm Tools Oddly enough we are staying in a hotel with cushions Mr Always Right and Mrs Always Right on our armchairs. Sadly it's not true.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if you don't get a satisfactory response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to clarify, that should be Creative Cloud Desktop. You don't have to subscribe to any of the products.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp