• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Templates, Robohelp10 - template stopped applying during build generation

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2016 Oct 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The template is applied in the project, but when I generate to the RoboServer9, the template is not applied to topics.  I'm using RoboHelp10 with RoboServer9 generating Webhelp Pro. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you say: "the template is not applied to topics", can you expound on what exactly that means? Are you seeing a message somewhere that states that? Or are you seeing something visually after the generation process where the font is off or something like that?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick - you are absolutely correct.  The biggest issue we see, is that the font changed from our designated font to times roman font.  I've tried using "the apply to all topics" when generating to see if that worked, but no luck.  The font remains in the times roman format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening to each and every topic? Or only to topics here and there in a hit or miss kind of way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All topics are affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From what I've seen in this thread it would seem that your CSS file has somehow either been deleted or isn't working.

Do things appear to be okay in the RoboHelp Editor? What about the preview? And what about viewing immediately after you generate?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2016 Oct 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the project, the appropriate font is shown.  It's only after the build has completed and the project is accessed from the server or product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, so that would seem to imply that something is changing once you have uploaded to the server. At this point I'll need to bow out as I've never worked with the server bit. You need someone that has and that understands what to look for on that end. I'll see if I can tag johndaigle​. He's a guru on RoboHelp Server, so maybe he can shed some light.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for helping.  I appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

To my knowledge, there is nothing about using RoboHelp Server 9 that should make Master Pages (templates) work any differently than conventional web servers.

A couple of thoughts and questions come to mind:

1. Could it be that you have chosen a proprietary font that your end users may not have installed on their machines?
    In other words, it looks good on your computer because you have that font installed locally. But others without that font installed cannot see it.
  2. Also, how are you "attaching" the CSS to the Template and how is the Template (known as a Master Page) applied? Are you applying the Master Page at the Topic Properties Dialog level or using the Dialog below?
  3. Also, sometimes you may have a Master Page applied but somewhere along the way, you inadvertently apply a different CSS style sheet to a topic or topics which has the effect of "overriding" whatever CSS is attached to your Template/Master Page.
    ApplyingMasterPages.jpg

Check these things out and let us know. That's all that comes to mind right now.
    Thanks
    John

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John - thanks for all of the great information.

To answer your questions...

1)This master page has been in place for several projects/versions so don't believe this is the issue.

2)  The master page is applied to all topics and the topic property dialog shows the correct master page selected.

3)  Out of frustration, I did try the "Apply to all Topics" during help generation.  This still did not work.

History:  This started after we upgraded from RoboServer8 to RoboServer9.  In addition to this issue, we have a problem with our search in the Help.  When using the search box, and searching for terms we know are in the help project, like delete, create, piping, however there is nothing returned for those terms.  The search works for other terms, but just these unique terms identified so far, so we are blown away with this issue, especially since one of our larger customers, Cisco reported this to us directly.  If anyone can resolve these two issues, I would be more than grateful!  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing jumps out at me. Just to cover the bases, have you applied all the RoboHelp updates both to the RoboHelp 10 client app as well as the 9.0.1 update specifically for RoboHelp Server 9 as can be found here?:

For the authoring app

Adobe - Support : RoboHelp Support Center : Service Releases

For the server
RoboHelp Server Update 9.0.1 is here ! – TechComm Central by Adobe

Of course, We are now on RoboHelp 2015 and RoboHelp Server 10, which are many years apart from your older versions.

I'm not sure what may have changed relating to Master pages in the interim. I will let you know if I find out anything.

John

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for providing your expertise. I appreciate it.   Regards, Lana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp