Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The window name "$Single_XYZ" passed to HH_GET_WIN_TYPE has not been specified

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH 9, Windows 7

I'm trying to figure out why an application is sending this message or what is the cause for this.
The application uses a couple of (merged) CHMs but I have no idea why this happens. Either

the CHM is invoked into a Window that doesn't exist or the invoked CHM causes anither CHM to be referred, that doesn't have this window.

No idea.

Is there a way to debug what's happening behind the scene?

There are these Windows defined in the single and merged layouts, so these names are well known "candidates", but I need a way to debug this.

The message also is issued from the application when I move all CHMs out of the way. So it seems, some mechanism within the application tries to invoke something.

I don't have access to the source at the moment. Will try to ask a colleague on Monday.

--

Christoph

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2017 Aug 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I found an old thread for a slightly different problem but mentioning that you need to configure your window names so they begin with $globaL_ in all projects.

EFN.png

Click here to read the thread. The information you want was posted by Dirk Bock (which isn't much more than what I provided earlier) is at the bottom of the thread.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Rick. We have both, the Global window for the merged help and Single for context help. And both used to work. In this case the error only happens when there is no context given, so to say, no CHM name is passed to the MSHelp call in the application. It had turned out tp be the programmers' fault in this case.

Thanks again,

Christoph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Krischu  wrote

...In this case the error only happens when there is no context given, so to say, no CHM name is passed to the MSHelp call in the application. It had turned out tp be the programmers' fault in this case.

Thanks again,

Christoph

Soo, all good now? I'm not 100% sure which is why I'm asking.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's all OK. BTW, do you really mean that all windows have to be named $globaL_Main

(small g and capital L?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp