• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail image set correctly, but not working

Participant ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I set my image correctly at the image level "Use Thumbnail" checkbox. Also, in output, I clicked "Show Thumbnail for Images". However, the image doesn't appear when I clicked on the image in my HTML5 output. What am I doing wrong?

thumbnail.pngerror.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

So in the first image the little icon usually means the image can't be found at the path specified.

Do you have any characters besides letters, dashes or underscores in the file name or path? Is it broken on your local PC or only after you upload it to a web server - if only after uploading, perhaps you are using a case sensitive webserver? Where do you store your project and where do you generate to - perhaps there's something about the location causing a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Robohelp? Does the problem occur for all images or only this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So sorry, Amebr. I'm using RH 2019. The issue occurs to all the images that I checked the "Use Thumbnail" at the image level.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have latest update? The last patch for 2019 was update 14.

If you have the latest version can you try in one of the sample projects? That'll help determine if there is something specific to your project or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2019.0.14 version. I'll see if I can publish a small test project.

2021-12-08_21-28-29.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few sample projects available. They should be in your Documents folder under My Robohelp Projects. If they're not there, you can copy them from the RH installation directory into that folder (don't try to run them from the installation directory, as the default location has Microsoft security applied, and it won't work/won't work properly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project and the image is showing thumbnail correctly. So this tells me that my issue is specific to my project... I'm guessing.

2021-12-09_12-36-31.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So in the first image the little icon usually means the image can't be found at the path specified.

Do you have any characters besides letters, dashes or underscores in the file name or path? Is it broken on your local PC or only after you upload it to a web server - if only after uploading, perhaps you are using a case sensitive webserver? Where do you store your project and where do you generate to - perhaps there's something about the location causing a problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that's it! It worked properly when published to our server. I actually knew this and forgot that it was an issue when viewing thumbnails locally. So hard to remember all the workarounds hahaha. Thank you again, Amebr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thumbnails should work locally so I'm thinking the issue is the path must be to something that cannot be accessed locally. Windows is not case sensitive so locally that would not be an issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp