• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail options in RoboHelp 2020

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded my projects to RH 2020 Update 6. Using RH 2019, I had set up my images to display as thumbnails in my Responsive HTML5 output (Indigo layout). For each image, RH generated a separate _th file that it displayed as the thumbnail.

With RH 2020, there are two thumbnail options in the preset: Create Thumbnails for Images and Style Existing Images as Thumbnails. I have generated the output both ways and I don't see any difference. I expected "Create Thumbnails for Images" to generate the duplicate _th files as in RH 2019, but I don't find any such files in output folders. I can't image what it means by using "style" as a verb here. And yet either way, it works.

What is the difference between these two options and why would I choose one over the other? I did look this up in the RoboHelp user guide, but it just explains them using the same words that are on the screen. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If your project was previously on a network drive and you were generating to a network drive, that could definitely lead to issues. The specific network setup and your connection to it can cause slowness and also micro-interruptions, which could mean files aren't generated to the right place (or aren't saved or only a partial file is saved). Additionally, network paths frequently can be extremely long, and long paths also prevent files saving - this is a Windows limitation, not an RH issue.

I personally always keep my project on my C drive and in a folder right off C, not inside the Documents folder. This prevents network issues and long path issues. If I need my output on a network location, I set up a publishing destination and use that to copy the output to the required place - there's much less chance of something going wrong when the only thing happening is copying files, and I believe the technology is designed to handle network dropouts better. (To back up my source files, I manually zip the entire project folder and copy the zip to a network location. )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp