• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail sizes are incorrect

Explorer ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just upgraded to the current version of RH and have encountered strange behaviour with thumbnail sizing. I have two screenshots on one page, both with a thumbnail width of 300. On generation as HTML5, the thumbnails have noticeably different widths.

To add to the strangeness, clicking the first thumbnail produces a SMALLER image. (The original size is 631 × 483, with a thumbnail setting of 392 × 300. Clicking after generation produces an image about 80% of the original when it clealry should be much larger.)

The second screenshot is 753 × 480, with a thumbnail setting of 471 × 300. Clicking after generation produces an imageabout 110% of the original, nothing like the ratio expected from th esettings.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2021 May 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By latest you mean 2020.4, correct. 

I'm finding that with an image of 631 x 483 your thumbnail settings are not proportional so I have to click the padlock to set different height and width settings. If I go back to those settings later, they have not been saved. I am wondering if that is what is behind your issue.

Please check the saved settings and let me know.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction, your thumbnails are proportional so the issue I found is something different.

With the correct size original and images and thumbnail settings, I generated an output. I then expanded the thumbnails and measured their size using Snagit. The expanded images were precise to the pixel.

Check the measurements in the source view of your topic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought, have you tried with more than one browser? I tested using Edge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. Before I got your mesage to try other browsers, in frustration I deleted the offending graphics, re-took them in SnagIt, re-imported them into RH and repeated the thumbnail settings. Bingo! On generation the scaling worked as expected.(I have a lot of thumbnails in this project, and only this one topic was playing up.)

On another topic, I notice with the 2020.4 release that generation now reports warning messages—and mysterious ones at that! I am constantly being told that certain files could not be "copied", and the filenames—which are supposedly in the project's assets folder—all have a *_th prefix (such as info_button_th.png). I've never imported any such files, nor can I see them when I look in the assets folder. Is this (relative) newbie missing something here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GeoffreyMarnell,

We don't allow files external to the project to be copied, thus you see that warning.

Is the path of the image that pops up as a warning belongs to the project? You yourself pointed out that the assets folder doesn't have any such files, so my guess would be that there are a few topics with links to images outside the project folder. Let me know your findings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those images are related to the "Create thumbnails for images" setting. I believe it creates a separate tiny image for the thumbnail (named as "image_name_th"), whereas the "Style existing images as thumbnails" resizes the existing image.

Why it would be telling you it can't copy the created thumbnail images, I'm not sure. But perhaps the above will help with troubleshooting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding the size oddities that cleared up after retaking the screenshots. Perhaps the image DPI setting could have been the issue? I believe Snagit takes them at 96 DPI, but perhaps the troublesome images had a different DPI. I know years ago some oddities appeared if the DPI was set to, say, 200 DPI for print. (and Macs I think are/used to be 72 DPI by default)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp