Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tip for Frameless Skin Editor - Tile Box indicators not showing

Enthusiast ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm sorry, if this information is easily to be found somewhere. For me, it took quite a while to figure it out, so I share it here. Maybe it will help others as well.

My problem was, that the tile box indicators in the Frameless Skin Editor were no longer displayed. Usually, this is displayed in the Skin Editor:

With tile box indicator showingWith tile box indicator showing

In my case, it looked like this:

Without tile box indicator showingWithout tile box indicator showingSo, whatever changes I made to the settings of the tile box (and the image box), I could only check on them when I created an output.

The "problem" in the editor was the following setting:

Tile-SettingsTile-Settings

If this setting is activated and you save the skin and open it again, no tile-box indicators will be displayed in the editor.

My work-around is: 

• deactivate this setting
  • save the change and close the skin
  • open the skin again (notice: the setting change does not take immediate effect in the skin editor, you have to close and re-open the skin)
  • make your adjustments to the tile-boxes (tip: if you want to also edit the image-box, insert the images from your TOC into the skin as well 
    TOC-Image in skin settingsTOC-Image in skin settings
  • when you are done, change the setting to "Manage Tiles from TOC" again, save everything and run your output.

I hope, I could explain everything well enough.

Best regards

Karin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to show this - what version of RH was this in (just for completeness)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to mention the version: this is RH 2020.7.46, new UI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm not following but if Manage Tiles From TOC is selected, then the skin tiles should no longer work. You are choosing to use your own images as selected in the TOC. See the TOC topic in the RoboHelp Tour.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter Grainge yes, I am then using my own images as defined in my TOC. But,  still want to (and do) use the tiles for those topics that have an image assigned in the TOC. And I need to define the size and padding etc. of the tiles. Thats what I want to do in the skin editor, no matter where exactly I take the images from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll look into the problem next week. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Karin Albrecht I am seeing the issues to which you refer. I believe the intention was that Manage Tiles from TOC was only intended to say where the image is to be found and not affect the ability to position it etc.

I suggest you print this thread to PDF and then create a bug report with the PDF attached.

Please post a link here and I for one will vote for it.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter! As suggested, I created a bug. You can vote for it here: https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-10702

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2022 Apr 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have added my vote.

My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Karin Albrecht Thank you about a bazillion times for this post! I am having the same problem and I thought that my skins were getting corrupted somehow (even though the resulting output had the TOC images I wanted). I followed your steps and my images magically reappeared! I wish I could vote for this in the bug tracker, but unfortunately that's not supported for corporate accounts. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp