Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ToC books not opening in Chrome

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2016 Jul 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am using RoboHelp 11 and RoboHelp Server 9.

Some of my ToC books are not opening, but the rest are working just fine. I have these same books on a different project, and they're opening fine. Both projects are published on the same server but in different areas. They have been working just fine up until this point.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

It's going to be a few days at least before Adobe can issue a formal fix but meantime they have said I can post the fix that worked for me on the understanding that it is not fully tested and at your own risk. If you want to make the change on that basis, here's what to do.

1.     Open the following folder <install dir>\RoboHTML\WebHelp5Ext\template_stock
  2.     Create a backup copy for the following file whthost.js
  3.     Copy the original to a folder outside of Program Files.
  4.     Open the file whthost.js

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

The official fix is on Adobe's site at Cannot collapse the ToC of Webhelp output in Google Chrome

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 121 Replies 121
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied the fix you suggested, but we're still having problems with our Help Files TOC expanding in Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).  Everything works fine in IE, and fortunately, the software defaults to IE - which is probably why we haven't had a lot of customers calling to complain.  We're running on a Web Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

katgentry​ - what version of RH?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't add - RH 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all patched up, regenerated & then edited the .js file Peter talks about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I’ve gone through all of the steps.  It looks like everything is updated, but I’ve asked someone else to look through, to verify.

Kathie Gentry

[contact details edited out - mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had one project that didn't appear to work after I applied the fix, but it worked after I cleared the browser's cache.  If you haven't done that yet, you might try it.  In Chrome, click the icon with the three dots near the top right, select More Tools, and then select Clear Browsing Data....  On the Clear Browsing Data window, verify the "Cached images and files" box is checked.  Click the Clear Data button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked! – I’ve had a couple of other people try and it worked for them also. Thanks so much!

I’d be happy to report the problem solved here, but I cannot seem to find anywhere to click on Correct. I’d thought it should be under Actions, but there are none available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's already been marked with a Correct back on the first page of the thread ;>)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but not the cache issue. Only the original poster can mark an answer as

correct. You should be able to post it as helpful.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Related Note: In addition to the original poster, a forum moderator can mark a Reply as the correct answer.  When the Chrome update occurred in December of 2017 that caused this issue, I searched the forum, found an existing "ToC books not opening in Chrome" thread that was posted more than a year earlier, and posted Reply 2 to that thread.  When the Chrome issue was resolved, I tried to mark Peter's Reply 68 as the correct answer but couldn't because I wasn't the original poster.  Good to know you can contact a moderator to recommend an answer be marked as correct so that forum users see the correct answer at the beginning of the thread instead of having to search 90+ replies to find it.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this for my webhelp project (RH 2017) and it worked out well. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fix is not working for me. I'm on RH17 (13.0.2.334) using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit). I modified the whthost.js file according to Peter's post, cleared the browser cache, and still the TOC books do not open properly. Is there something else I should try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try updating the Chrome version? I just checked & mine is set to 64.0.3282.186 now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you modify the file in program files?   Did you regenerate your project?  If so, open the whthost.js file from the output/publish and see if the modification is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

I've not seen the update come out yet. Have you heard when they will be releasing it? I checked the Adobe Tracker page as well (https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/RH-1218) and didn't see anything there. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Item 14 in Using RoboHelp 2017

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the file according to the instructions and it works now.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing, didn't notice the problem until I opened in Chrome on my personal laptop. Applied the file fix (I've done all my patches for RoboHelp 2015) and I'm working now!

Thanks, Peter!

Helen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am facing a similar issue, the TOC is working fine with IE but my books are not opening in google chrome for Robohelp 11. Has the issue been resolved with Robohelp. If yes what are the steps that needs to be taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Post 115 in this thread.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The official fix is on Adobe's site at Cannot collapse the ToC of Webhelp output in Google Chrome

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp