Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not displaying after upgrade robohelp 7 to robohelp 2019 version

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Robohelp 7 version. I have upgraded my Robohelp 2019.After upgrade xpj project  to rhpj, geting only few files in the output folder. Also not able to see the toc in IE and CHrome.How we can resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Dileep Sanker

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new UI works in a very different way. In Classic you had to exclude topics and any that were not excluded went into the build. In the New UI all topics have to be in the TOC. See The Table of Contents (grainge.org) That does not mean the user sees all of them in the TOC, you can hide them. It's all explained in the link.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Lot of confusion. Pls explain the steps how to generate ouput with Table of Conetent, Search , Index like older version.

Thanks & regards,

Dileep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a lot territory to cover and more like a training course. Follow the link I sent you and how to use all the parts are explained there.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we have a plan to purchase it if it is working. Can you pls give me more steps.

Link is not that informative from end user poerspetive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Peter's RH Tour for the changes & Beth's video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3V0n4GpBh0&list=TLGGg02Bma0uK4gxMDAyMjAyMQ on using the new UI.

Also, on a non-production machine, download the trial copy of RH2020 to play around with it with a copy of your project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

My simple question is why my existing toc, index, glossary  from my current old xpj project are missing while upgrating with higher version of robohelp 2019.

Thanks & regards,

Dileep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your latest post is rather different to your original where you said you were getting few files. The most likely cause is what I responded with. There was no reference to other parts missing. It seemed like your problem was lack of understanding how to use the new UI rather than an upgrade issue.

Are you talking about upgrading to 2019 Classic or to 2019 new UI before we go further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you mentioned RHPJ so that is new UI.

Start again as below.

1. Create a backup of the RH7 project.
  2. Open the original in 2019 Classic.
  3. Check it looks OK there.
  4. Then open 2019 New UI and check the version is 2019.0.14. If it is not, go to Help > Check for Updates and apply the latest.
  5. With the updates applied, go to File > Upgrade RoboHelp Classic Project.

Let me know how that goes.

If your licence is a subscription you would be advised to download 2020 and work with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

I have done follow steps, but no luck with my latest RH version is 2019.0.11.

1) Upgraded my RH7(xpj) project converted to rhpj with RH 2019( We cant open xpj pjt with RH2019 because it wont  support old xpj project).

2) After Upgrade, missed my exising old version xpj pjt  have TOC, SEARCH,INDEX, Glossary Settings.

Thanks &Regards,
Dileep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DileepSank - first upgrade RH2019 to the last version Peter mentioned.
Then make sure you have a copy made of your RH7 project (zipped is always the best because then you can't accidentally change it by mistake).
Then open the RH2019 Classic version program - you should see that there are TWO (2) versions of RH2019 in your Start menu - choose the Classic one (not the New UI one).
Open the RH7 project in that Classic version of RH2019.
Choose to upgrade the project.
Check to see that everything upgraded properly.
If so, save the newly-upgraded RH2019 Classic project.
Exit out of RH2019 Classic.
Start up the New UI version of RH2019; open up the RH2019 Classic project & convert it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I have upgraded rh7 project with RH 2019 classic. But unfotunatlly after upgrade, TOC files, InDEX ketwords, Glossary words etc are missed.After upgrade i am getting only files under Content.

Thanks ,

DIleep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Jeff has pointed out, it looks like you haven't followed the steps. RH7 to to Rh 2019 Classic, then to 2019 new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you Understanding the problem?.

1) Upgrade  RH7-----> RH 2019 Classic ---

2) if all files prsent after upgrade, then Only we need to open with RH 2019 new . Am I correct?

If all files not present after first step, there is any logic to go with 2nd step.

Thanks,
Dileep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so the issue is happening on the RH7 to RH2019 Classic upgrade? You've confirmed that your RH2019 copy is running 2019.0.14, correct?
One suggestion is to re-do the upgrade again, but this time delete the .cpd file in the RH7 project before upgrading. See if that makes any difference to the resulting RH2019 Classic project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the RH7 project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

I will take a look over the weekend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an up to date and complete CHM output? If all else fails, that could be a way of recovering the project into 2019 Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you resolved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp