• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Top and Bottom Borders in Snippets.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2016 Jan 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I enter a snippet it has a top and bottom border. Is there any way to get rid of these?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2016 Jan 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does entering mean? Adding it to a snippet?

Is the border only visible in RoboHelp? Or is it also visible when you view the topic preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a couple of snippets with just text. There are no borders in the snippet editor but when I enter them into a topic there is a border above and below the text. The borders are visible in Robohelp and in the topic preview.

sample.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

When you are editing the snippet, can you share a screen shot with the Pilcrows (paragraph markers) showing?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is quite old, but I have the same problem in RH2020.6.76. I have several bullet lists that have some lines in common. For the lines in common, I created a snippet. Then I create the bullet list with for some lines a snippet instead of text. The result is a space before and after the bullet inside the snippet.

This worked fine with RH10! I am migrating RH10 projects to RH2020 and need a solution to have the contents look the same as before.

Can anyone help pleasee?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's happening with the sample project in RH2020, and it was working before, then it might be a bug. In that case, you need to talk to RH support - see https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your Adobe Support options. I'd recommend using the tcssup@adobe.com e-mail address as it reaches a team dedicated to Technical Communication Suite products including RoboHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not happening with the RH2020 sample project. To test if the RH2020 project worked before, I should try to open that RH2020 sample project with RH10. I guess this is too difficult, so I will not try it.

This is only one of the problems that I experienced after upgrading a RH10 project to RH2020. Since the RH2020 sample project works fine, I think that I will use its CSS and adapt it to my style instead of using my old RH10 CSS that does not work very well with RH2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bug or CSS issue? I favour the latter as @D.Desmet has reported it is not an issue in another project.

"I should try to open that RH2020 sample project with RH10. I guess this is too difficult..." More accurate to say impossible.

If you are happy with the sample project CSS fine but otherwise you would need to look at the CSS styles.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter for the confirmation. I will either use the sample CSS and adapt it or create a new CSS from scratch, and do this with the RH2020 CSS editor. In the past with RH10, I adapted the CSS with another code editor, which worked fine (until now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I created a new CSS starting from the RH2020 default and don't have this issue anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Top Style for many years but the code for tables and lists in particular is now very complex and editors other than the skin editor are not up to it unless you have very high CSS skills. I don't have found it best to stick with the skin editor.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp