• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics are in alphabetical order, but I need chronological order. Can I do this?

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

I've recently started using Robohelp and came across a little problem. I need to make a FAQ that's already written and has a general structure to the questions. When I make a new topic in Robohelp it arranges the topic in alphabetical order, but I need it to be chronological. Is there a way I can do this? Do I need to make a folder in a folder?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to assume you're using RH2020. This is always good information to include in a post, as your version makes a huge difference to the correct advice.

In RH2020, the Contents panel reflects the files and folders on your hard drive just like Windows Explorer. This panel is always alphabetical.

You add the topics you create to a table of contents in the Table of Contents panels. The table of contents file controls the topics that will appear in your output. The topics in the table of contents can be in any order you would like.

If you're using RH Classic, this advice is only half right - post back if you are using Classic and I can provide further information.

Do take a look at the About Robohelp project (for RH2020) as it explains a lot about how Robohelp works. If it's not displayed on the starter screen that opens when you open RH, then check in your documents folder (In Windows Explorer, click This PC and there should be a Documents folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention the sample project will be a couple of subfolders down, inside My Robohelp Projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp