Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translate Index

Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Firstly, I am very new to Robohelp so please fogive my ignorance. 

I have an existing English Help project which I have successfully translated to Spanish. When I open the translated project, there are a few items which did not translate. The Index is still in English. Should this also be translated when I translated the project ? If not, hold do I handle the index in the Spanish Help ?

thanks

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dave Isackson:

This is the InDesign forum. I will move your question to the RoboHelp forum so that you can get the help that you need.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the full version of Robohelp you have installed. Look under Help > About Robohelp and post back the full version number.

Are you using machine translation or a translation company?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using Version 2020.5.71. I used Machine Translation with Google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the latest version, so it's not something fixed in existing patches.

I found this topic that says the index entries are handled for the translation agency (xliff) workflow.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/translation-process/m-p/11919089

It doesn't mention the machine translation process though. It's possible that process has a bug and doesn't pick up the meta tags that store the index keywords, but I'm not sure how to confirm, as I don't use the translation features. If someone else doesn't come along later today/tomorrow, you might try contacting support.

See the following page for support contact options. Email is the recommended option.
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thank you. I will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you select the Index in the Assets tab?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

When I select the index item in the Assets list, it shows nothing to translate when I click the translate icon ? It does give a status of "out of sync" though.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't help you much beyond the setup stage. Are you trying to just translate the index? As the index terms are stored within the topics, I am wondering if you they only get translated for the topics selected.

If that is not it, then try the support link that Amber has provided. Do let us know the outcome.

BTW. Please use the photo icon to insert images within the post. Seeing an image inline with the text makes it easier for anyone answering or viewing the post.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Peter,

Thank you.

I translated all Topics by clicking the top checkbox to check all items. I will contact support.

thanks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp