• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent PNG Files in RoboHelp

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the RoboHelp requirements for transparent PNG files?  

RoboHelp is not happy with the transparent PNG files we generate.  We increased color depth as has been suggested, but no joy. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had any problems with PNGs but I think some older versions of RoboHelp may have done. You haven't said what version you are using or what problems you are having.

You haven't said which version of RoboHelp you are using. 

• If you are using a Classic version please go to File Help > About and confirm the version shown. If it is 2019 Classic, please add "Classic" when advising the version number.
  • If you are using the New UI, the version number will  be found in Help > About. Please add "New UI" if the version number starts 14.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was purchased in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2017 you could have purchased 2015 or 2017 but both versions should handle PNGs. I have never had a problem with them.

1. What exactly is the problem?
  2. What are you using to create the PNGs?
  3. Have you tried with some other tool just to compare?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2020 Jul 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The backgrounds that are transparent in other environments are not transparent in RoboHelp.

Applications used: Illustrator, PhotoShop, GIMP, Corel PaintShop Pro. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not transparent in the output or just the source files? What happens when you generate an output?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not transparent in the source files. That makes it a challenge to position them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That can't be fixed. What I am getting at is they should be OK in the output so as long as they are, the particular problem you have is one you somehow have to work around. Difficult to suggest anything without being able to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp handles transparent GIFs. Why not transparent PNGs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My expertise is in what it does and how, not the why of things like this. My guess would be PNGs are a later format and the issue wasn't dealt with, but it is only a guess.

What exactly is the positioning issue? Can you produce a screenshot and post it with the camera icon above where you reply and add some details?

Send me an image if you want with a description of what I need to do to see the problem. Maybe I can suggest a solution.

You can email me via the site and if you are only sending an image, it's OK to attach that. If you need to send a project to illustrate the problem, then send that as instructed on my Contact page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp