Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trouble installing Robohelp 2019

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with the install but not sure what is wrong. This is happening when I am choosing the language and install location for Robohelp 2019.

I choose english, and either default location or choose the program files folder on a win7 device and it doesn't matter but there is a tiny red x on the install location. I cannot get past this, does anyone have any insights on what might be happening? This is just for Robohelp but not the TCS suite.

Also - I have downloaded the trial version with the intent on upgrading to the full version with a key that has already been purchased.

System specs:

Lenovo T460s

Dual Core Intel I5

8gb RAM

64bit OS

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Hi Mayank,

No logs, doesnt even get past the opening screen to install.

I have tested on a few other machines and I can get the installer to work, so there is some flash problem on this laptop, which I will figure out after the holidays.

thanks for all the assistance anyways, I thought there was a issue with the installer/ this systems specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, "trial version" is the same as "full version" - there's no difference except for serial number.

Next - Are you installing as an administrator with full rights over your c:\ drive folders? Chances are, you aren't; that's why the program is honking at your choice of location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the requirements. I am not sure 2019 will run on Windows 7.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

Yes I have logged on with my own admin account, and have given admin rights to the end user to try... same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Peter - system reqs say Win7 is ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter,

Yes I have checked these requirements:

RoboHelp (2019 release)
  • Core i3 or faster processor
  • Microsoft®  Windows® 7, 8.1, or 10
  • 4 GB of RAM or more is recommended
  • 3 GB of hard-disk space is required for installation; additional space is required during installation (cannot install on a volume that uses a case-sensitive file system or on removable flash storage devices)
  • 64-bit CPU and operating system 

I am checking into the case-sensitive file system part. HDD has plenty of local storage for install as well,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share the screenshot of the screen where you get the error while installing? Also can you share the install.log located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

Regards,

Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mayank,

No logs, doesnt even get past the opening screen to install.

I have tested on a few other machines and I can get the installer to work, so there is some flash problem on this laptop, which I will figure out after the holidays.

thanks for all the assistance anyways, I thought there was a issue with the installer/ this systems specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp