I'm using RoboHelp 2020.7.46, using a master project with 2 child projects. The child projects are linked in the master project TOC, and all the topics in each child project are in their respective TOC. I'm using Responsive HTML 5 output, and I have the project setup as below:
The published projects output directories are:
I'm having trouble linking between projects, though. If I link a topic from Child 1 to Child 2 using the "Local Files" option, it shows up in the preview, but the link doesn't work in the output. If I edit the html so it points to ../../../../../mergedProjects/Procedures_Manual[...] it works in the output but shows as a broken link in my project.
My other problem (but this is possibly for anoter thread) is that my index has disappeared from the output. The index tab appears, but it's just blank.
I hope I'm explaining that correctly. I'm working with an inherited project, and I don't think I've changed the folder structure of the source, but it just doesn't seem to be working as it should. I've downloaded the sample project from Peter Grainge's site, and as far as I can tell my source is set up in the same way. Any ideas where I'm going wrong?
In the projects you create the link to the source child topics. Looks like you are creating the links to the output child topics.
My site www.grainge.org includes many free Authoring and RoboHelp resources that may be of help.
Thanks for the reply Peter. They were definitely coming from the "source" folder, but I think I had inadvertently opened up a copy of the project in another directory, and so wthen I ran the output they weren't linking directly to each other. I've removed all the recently opened projects from the list and pinned the correct ones, so I'll hopefully not make that mistake again!
I've come across a different problem this morning different to this one, so I'll pop that in a new thread.