• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with importing and renaming images

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been using RoboHelp 2020 for several months now and after a little learning curve have started to like it.  

Having a couple issues:

1. Importing from Word

2. Renaming image files

The two issues go together.  I imported a Word document which had a lot of images.  When it was imported the images came in using names like Image1.png, Image2.Png..... so on.  The trouble was that the help system already had images with those names.  That was Problem #1.

So, I thought that next time before importing I would go through the help system's list of images and make sure none of them had generic names.  I tried it out on a couple of Images.  I went to properties and typed in a new name for the image.  The image was renamed, but the connection to the topic was gone.  

What's the best way to handle this? 

How can images be renamed and still maintain their references?  Note that the old (classic) version this was all done behind the scenes.  

Thanks in advance.....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Never mind .... of course I figured this out right after posting.  Instead of renaming it by changing the name in properties, images can be renamed by right clicking the image name in the contents.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind .... of course I figured this out right after posting.  Instead of renaming it by changing the name in properties, images can be renamed by right clicking the image name in the contents.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp