Copy link to clipboard
I'm passing on what worked for me.
- RoboHelp 2015, 188.8.131.520 (up to date at time of writing)
- Small number of topics (less than 15)
- Pushing all project files to our own server for web app deployment as a "help" button\
- Project created using Web Application Help template (New Project > Web Application Help)
- WebHelp output appears fine using the Preview function; table of contents is visible and works properly
- WebHelp output is missing a table of contents when deployed in the app. The pane is blank.
Initial hypothesis: Gremlins in server room!
Revised hypothesis: Settings issue
- Created a new TOC with the exact same contents as the original TOC
- Explicitly specified the duplicate TOC as the TOC file to use for WebHelp:
1. Open Outputs pod
2. Right click WebHelp (Primary Output)
3. Select Properties
4. Select Content Categories
5. Select Content <Default>
6. Switch Table of Contents from <Default> to the duplicate TOC
- Saved and re-deployed. IT WORKS! Partied like it was '99.
I'm happy to answer any settings questions that would help narrow this solution for somebody.
Have something to add?