• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to generate an output preset

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Robohelp 2019.0.8 to generate a merged help project. I have the parent project successfully set and "holding" all the individual child projects. After I open a child project and make changes to the project, I want to do a quick generate to view the changes and confirm that are as expected; however, today, after successfully doing this many times before, when I open any child project in this merged project, I do not have any output presets displayed, although all options were available before. When I try to add any preset output and save it for a project, I get the less than helpful general "Applicaton Error" message and I am told to close and restart RH. I have done that, I have rebooted my system, and then restarted RH, and nada, zip, zilch. I cannot generate any output of any format for any child project. I suspect that there is some type of preset file that got corrupted (and why it would have is beyond me), but I wouldn't even know where to look for this file and how to fix even if I did find it. 

I have attached two files that graphically illustrate this issue.

Any and help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try applying Update 9. Post again if that doesn't help.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being obstinate, but why would upgrading help? I have been successfully using my current version of RH for to generate the HTML5 preset for my child projects until today for no apparent reason. I just loathe to upgrade and cause more issues in other areas that I won't know about until after the fact. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was part of a solution to the same problem that was given to me. However, there is a good reason why the other part of the solution was the real fix.

I have reached out to Adobe so if you are in any doubt, hold off until I come back with more information. It will not be until tomorrow though.

Do you have a back of the project you can check? If you do, create a further backup of it before you try, just to be safe.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. Yea, I have a backup, but it's complicated between SVN, and other issues. I will just wait to hear from you and thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is thought there is some corruption in the presets. I have been advised that once, presets are not showing up in the panel, creating a new preset won’t work.

Adobe have replied to me "We can investigate those and see which preset is causing the issues. It might also suggest as why that’d happened."

The presets can be found inside the "<project-folder>/publish/presets/" folder. Please zip them up and send them to me via my site and I will relay them on to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter. I will do that. Sorry for the late reply. Been heads down on another project this am and just now returned to this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your offer;ultimately, I wound up having to reset my environment and reinstalling the latest version of RH (.9). The files that I was working on had been done in the Beta Version of .9 and this wasn't made available to the public before I started working on this projecct. When I opened the files in my supposedly most current version of RH (.8), I did not get receive a message about version incompatibility, and having files worked on between two different versions caused all kinds of issues. I should be good to go now. Thank you for all your help and generosity again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the scenario where I encountered this but with the sample project. Working on a live project in a beta version! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2019 Oct 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem with this and am currently running update 9. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp