Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Generate XML Output After Upgrading from RH9 to RH2015

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've recently upgraded my RoboHelp software from RH9 to RH2015.

I successfully upgraded an existing RH project to RH2015. I was able to print a .chm file. But when i tried to print an xml output, i got this report:

Has anyone encountered this before? Appreciate your advice. thanks.

TOPICS
Classic

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Thank you for this, I was having the same issue and contacted Adobe. It appears that they have fixed the issue in Robohelp 2017 (13.0.1.279). If you update to this version it works fine.

But the answer to this question is that there is something wrong with Robohelp and a fix is needed from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably you printed the CHM using its print option. XML is simply code that developers would use to build the help into something they generate and the XML is not intended for end users. You could open it in a text editor and print it if you need to.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring information

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where i work, i have to generate two types of output: .chm and .xml. I just recently upgraded from RH9 to RH2015. generating the .chm is no problem. I cannot generate .xml though.

As you can see from the screenshot, it says something about security setting in the Xhtml2docbook.Xsl does not allow of the script code within the style setting.

so what i did was i reinstall RH9, checkout the security setting in the Xhtml2docbook.Xsl. I saw that the administrator was different. so i mimic RH9 settings to RH2015. Restarted my PC and tried to generate the XML output again, but still unsuccessful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I misread your original post as you referred to "printing" in the text.

1. Where is your project located? Hopefully not also in Program Files.

2. Do you get the same result if you open one of the supplied sample projects?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

1. My project is located on my desktop

2. Good idea to test generate an XML using one of the supplied samples.

2a. I generated the XML output successfully with the samples. It get passed the "XML Handler" portion (see below):

2b. When i generated my project using the XML output, it failed. Looks like it does not get through the "XML Handler". See below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so now we know it is project related. Unless you have any thoughts as to a topic that might be causing the problem, it seems to be time for the old divide and conquer approach.

Zip up the project so you have a copy that cannot accidentally be opened and worked on. That gives you a copy that you can safely revert to later if needed. Save the zip file somewhere safe.

Then create another copy of the project so that you have two copies that can be worked on.

Open Copy 1 and delete half the topics. Ignore any broken links reported. Generate the help from that copy.

Open Copy 2 and delete the other half of the topics. Generate the help from that copy.

It should be the case that one copy is now OK and one still has the problem.

Trash the good copy and then create a second copy of the copy with the problem.

Repeat the process until you have located the topic that is causing the problem.

The process takes less time than you might think.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Peter,

Sorry, this took me a while.

I realized that the reason why i can generate XML output successfully for the sampler file was I did not mirroer my output options to be similar to my project.

when i mirrored the output option, the generation failed.

The error is always as follows:

I tried generating an xml on robohelp 9, and it was successful. A successful generation will have the following report:

Since generating xml using RH9 can be done, and the failure seems to be located in the stylesheet (Xhtml2docbook.Xsl), i copied the Adobe RoboHelp 9\RoboHTML\XmlSupportExt\DocBook_HDF to \Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\RoboHTML\XmlSupportExt\DocBook_HDF.

That did not solve the problem.

I realized that a successful generation will have the highlighted "MSXML:4.30.xxx". I googled and it is a service pack. My thought was maybe the service pack does not support my OS (Windows 10), but then i refuted the thought because i can still generate the XML output via RH9. So OS should not be the problem.

The mystery continues....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2017 Jan 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp 2015 Patch 2 was related to the MSXML version so first question is do you have all the patches applied? See Issues resolved in Adobe RoboHelp (2015 release)

If that does not help, try creating a second layout for your output but using the same settings as the sample. Generate using those settings and then change one setting at a time and generate after each change until you find out specifically which one trips things up.

Hopefully though the patch will fix things.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Peter,

I just installed RoboHelp 2015 in December 2016. I looked at the patches, seems like it must have been applied automatically in the version installed in my PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

downloaded AdobeRoboHelp_12_0_4_1_upd patch and this appears:

mystery continues....:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2017 Jan 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That suggests that you do not have admin rights to install so check with IT to see if things have changed since the last patch was installed. Also get them to try installing the patch.

That said, this is not the patch that has the fix, you already have that. This is odd so I wonder if you can install RoboHelp on another PC in Trial mode and apply the patches there before trying again.

Beyond that, have you tried the Plan B I described above?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Sorry for my super duper delayed response.

This issue is considered resolved.

I contacted the Adobe team. It is an issue from their end. The workaround is as follows:

The issue with the XML output in RH 2015 has been fixed. Please follow below steps in order to apply the fix.

• Close RH 2015 if open.
  • Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\RoboHTML rename the file “xsXmlSupportCore.dll” to “ xsXmlSupportCore_old.dll”
  • Download the file attached in the email and save it to the desktop
  • Copy the above downloaded file to  C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe RoboHelp 2015\RoboHTML
  • Relaunch and republish the project and check.

I think whomever that needs to resolve this issue on their end can email Adobe to get the new xsXmlSupportCore.dll (i can't upload it in here)

Thanks Peter for your consultation. I highly appreciate it. Nice to know you too, the RoboHelp guru

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad that you have got it fixed. Thanks for posting that there is a solution, it will help the next person along with the same problem.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this, I was having the same issue and contacted Adobe. It appears that they have fixed the issue in Robohelp 2017 (13.0.1.279). If you update to this version it works fine.

But the answer to this question is that there is something wrong with Robohelp and a fix is needed from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does anyone have a copy of the replacement DLL they could send me?  xsXmlSupportCore.dll

I tried contacting Adobe and at this point they can only advise me to upgrade to 2019.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that this issue hasn't been resolved in the latest edition of Robohelp 2017. I am getting this exact same error when trying to export to docbook XML.

I have also contacted Adobe. Hopefully they have a fix for their newest version of the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp