Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown fonts substituted in the PDF output

Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using RH 2020.4 on Windows 10. I have created a project and have used the Google Font, Rubik throughout the project, The font works fine on the online output but it substitutes alien fonts in the PDF output. Also, the formatting such as the spacing between the bullet, is not displayed. 

I also went through the post in this community and I did not find any problems to rectify it as mentioned in the post. 

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there is a setting in the PDF output preset - Advanced - Embed used fonts. Do you have this activated? Maybe this helps.

Kind regards

Karin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karin,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Yes, I have enabled the PDF output preset - Advanced - Embed used fonts and still the font type is not what I desire. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm the person who posted the topic you linked to. My problem sounds identical to yours! The solution was to include the following at the top of my PDF css:

and then to use the designated font-family name in the CSS definitions.
This, of course, has the font I wanted to use. If you can get a typekit for Rubik, you might be in business. (Unfortunately, I don't know where to get the link for that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Karen,

Where in the output do we add the css file for the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Divya,

I attach the CSS to the master page I use for the PDF. Others might choose to attach the CSS to each topic, but we use a different CSS for each output format, so the master page method works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp