Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted empty table cell after html5 output

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the new interface (not classic) for Robohelp 2019. After generating an html5 output, there is an extra empty cell at the end of the table. I couldn't find any clues in the code. Does anyone know why this is happening? Please see this URL: https://tesira-webhelp.biamp.com/#t=ForteX_Supported_Platforms.htm.

Below is a screenshot of how it looks in Robohelp:

juliannam27523423_0-1634141692049.png

Thank you,

Julianna

TOPICS
New UI

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

It could be the colgroup setting. There are 7 columns listed in there but only 5 columns of data in your table.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

The topic you have sent is from the output. Maybe that is just a slip up creating this test project but if not you need to fix that in your main project.

Amber has identified that on your site there are seven columns defined. Delete the last two so that just these are shown.

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="border-collapse:collapse; width:100%" width="100%">
<colgroup>
<col style="width:14.29%" />
<col style="width: 187px;" />
<col style="width: 191px;" />
<col style="widt

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a known issue.

I assume the screenshot is from author view. Same in Preview and same in the local generation?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

The screenshot is what the author and preview look like. Quick generate shows the empty cell (this is currently online on our company website as well :(.

Thanks,

Julianna 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share the project? If you can, then see the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

If you can't, could you import that topic and your CSS into a new project and share that?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent it over to you Peter. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you sent it? If you used wetransfer that does sometime take a while but otherwise nothing seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I emailed it to robohelp@grainge.org. It said I could email if it is 2019 new UI. It only has one topic in it so it isn't too big of a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just emailed it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be getting blocked at your end, that happened recently and I may revert to always using WeTransfer or suchlike. 

Give that a try. I'll look in the morning as it's late here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the second one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the colgroup setting. There are 7 columns listed in there but only 5 columns of data in your table.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amebr. I was looking straight at that code and did not notice that there were seven columns. It's fixed now.

Thanks!

Julianna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's not a place we normally need to look, and usually I think RH takes care of keeping it in sync for us. Possibly the table was edited outside RH at some point and things got a little confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to go into the code to fix it - I'm not sure if there are fields for it in the UI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The topic you have sent is from the output. Maybe that is just a slip up creating this test project but if not you need to fix that in your main project.

Amber has identified that on your site there are seven columns defined. Delete the last two so that just these are shown.

<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" style="border-collapse:collapse; width:100%" width="100%">
<colgroup>
<col style="width:14.29%" />
<col style="width: 187px;" />
<col style="width: 191px;" />
<col style="width: 231px;" />
<col style="width: 175px;" />
</colgroup>

You may want to set the widths to the same unit as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Peter! I can't believe I didn't see the extra columns in the code. I took your advice and made the column widths consistent. I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp