• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated from Classic to Modern (2019) and now need a skin

Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded my project from 2019 classic to the modern version, and when I try to generate the output, it says, "Skin not selected in output settings." The classic versions uses the Bomega skin, but that option isn't available after the upgrade. The only options available are Azure Blue, Charcoal Grey, and Indigo. Is there a way to get Bomega, or at least something close to it?

Edit: It's the Bomega skin, not Beautiful Vista Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with the Bomega skin but the answer to your question is that you have to select from what is offered. I'd suggest you also look at the Frameless skins as that is where things are going.

Browsers are ending support for Flash at the end of the year so you need to forget that output.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I was able to use one of the options available (I'll adjust it as I figure things out), but when generating the WebHelp preset, it processes things for a while, and then I get the error, "Responsive HTML5 Output generation failed." And there's no indication why it failed. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.47.47 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the output preset name and you should see an option to view a log file. That might offer some clues.

Also, WebHelp no longer exists, so some of your setting may have been unset. I'd double-check all the settings, as you'll have been transferred to a Responsive HTML5 by default (regardless of what the name of the preset is).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you panic after seeing that webhelp is no more, the responsive and frameless skins have a setting that stops the layout changing as the window size changes. That said, why would you not want that? 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so, my collegue was the one who upgraded the project from classic to modern. I just didn't realize that he had updated RH to do it. I was trying to run his upgraded project with my older version of RH. So, once I upgraded, I was able to generate the output. I chose WebHelp, and didn't apply a skin or make any changes. The output looks like this in Edge, IE, and Firefox.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 9.14.56 AM.png

I then applied a skin, but had the same results. Any thoughts on why the page is being embedded in itself?

Also, I am seeing WebHelp as an option. I'm not sure why people are saying it isn't available.

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 10.20.01 AM.png

Edit: The project was updated from Classic to Modern (not the other way around as originally miss-stated).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not - that's just an artifact of the conversion. "Webhelp" is just Responsive HTML5 with the responsiveness turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are saying webhelp doesn't exist any more because it doesn't. What you are seeing is a preset that was named WebHelp in Classic. Click the + icon to create a new skin and try to find webhelp.

my collegue was the one who upgraded the project from modern to classic

I assume you just got that the wrong way around. You upgrade from classic to modern. The new version has an RHPJ file and does not have an XPJ file so I cannot see how you were running your colleague's New UI version in Classic. Are you sure you weren't opening the old project as upgrading to the New UI leaves the old project untouched.

The usual cause of an output seeming to be embedded is someone has set the default topic to be the start page.

Also if you look in the preset configuration you will see a skin must have been set. If one is not selected, quite simply the generation stops and tells you that.

Have a good look at the settings and I think you will find the cause of your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, the solution (for the time being) seems to be to tell IT that they will just have to wait. Upgrading from Classic to Modern is not "easy" because a new skin needs to be applied. If I didn't care what the new skin looked like, it would be easy, but I can't just publish the default; it looks too different from what we had before. And I simply don't have time right now to figure it out.  After I clear my backlog, I'll revisit the issue and figure out what the new skin settings need to be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to be clear that you have followed what has been said.

1. You are saying you need to hold off so that you can stay with Classic. Correct?
  2. You understand that you will have to change the skin, that is what will take the time and that is why also why you are holding off. Correct?

I think that is what you are saying but as I said, I want to be sure.

If you want to create a new project and add the Bomega skin to it, I can upgrade that for you just to what happens. I'm not hopeful but at least you will know.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp