Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgrade path from robohelp 2019 classic to the most recent one

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all of you!

Just finished a major project in RH2019 classic based on merged MS webhelp chm's . Didn't migrate to RH2019 because I had errors and quirky parts (opening daughterwindows and things like that, sorry it's a while ago). I've chosen for safety, had lost a lot of time trying to upgrade. Pressure is off now, and I should start looking in upgrading to the most recent version of RH.

I'm having several questions.

Can I install the latest version of RH and start doing some tests, without loosing the possibility to continue working in RH2019 classic? I don't want to 'test' this, as it could be a irreversible choice.

Knowing I had troubles with RH2019 'modern' gui and my setup of merged project, which would be the right path to follow for a test?

best regards

Olivier

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

RoboHelp has always left older versions in place. They are installed/uninstalled separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you install RoboHelp 2020 and leave 2019 installed? Is that the question? I have both installed on multiple machines as well as 2017 on some.

If you double click RHPJ folders in File Explorer they will default to 2020 being the latest version. XPJ files will still open in 2019 Classic.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peter,

so doing an upgrade leaves the old executables in place (or we have a choice at install)?

thanks for your prompt and fast assistance!

best regards Olivier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RoboHelp has always left older versions in place. They are installed/uninstalled separately.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find the new installer disconcerting because it doesn't tell you where the product will be installed. You could vote for this item to add a visible path, if you would like something similar:

https://tracker.adobe.com#/view/RH-6270

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Amebr - I think I mentioned that during either the FM or RH 2019 betas (both have the same new installer look to them) - I forget what the answer was why they didn't bother showing it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, hopefully more people vote on the item because it's dumb. 🙂 (IMNSHO)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp