• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade projects from RH2015

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I was trying to import old projects generated in RH 2015 in the new version RH2019 ... but I noticed that if you change the suggested path during the creation of new projects, the creation attempt fails, if instead the default path is used, outside the project folder, 3 files (* .ing * .stp * .syn)  are generated...what are these files for? I tried to delete them but the project opens anyway...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

*.ing is probably actually *.Lng for language file.

*.stp is the stop words file

*.syn is the synonyms file.

in RH2019 New the *.lng file should be called <language_code>.lng (e.g. en_UK.lng) and live under <myprojectfolder>/publish/language/label. Similarly *.syn will be <language_code>.syn under publish/languages/synonyms. And stopwords under publish/languages/stopwords

I have seen some random files created outside the project structure, but I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably. (For my te

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say Import but what you do is open the new 2019 and click on Upgrade Project. You then use the default path or some other new folder.

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i understand...but these 3 files (* .ing * .stp * .syn)? what are they for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are they created? Have you tried opening them with a text editor?

You say you tried to delete them? Does that mean you couldn't?

See www.grainge.org for free RoboHelp and Authoring information.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*.ing is probably actually *.Lng for language file.

*.stp is the stop words file

*.syn is the synonyms file.

in RH2019 New the *.lng file should be called <language_code>.lng (e.g. en_UK.lng) and live under <myprojectfolder>/publish/language/label. Similarly *.syn will be <language_code>.syn under publish/languages/synonyms. And stopwords under publish/languages/stopwords

I have seen some random files created outside the project structure, but I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably. (For my test projects, I'm leaning towards some quirks related to merged projects and links/references *hacked* to work based on output path. But I need to sit down and do some scientific testing...)

If you could successfully delete the files (as per Peter's question) did opening the project recreate them outside the project folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes, I deleted the files without problems and I reopened the project without these having been recreated, in fact my doubt was only that these files were indispensable for some reason even if not immediately detectable...

if it can be useful for your searches, I can send you a photo in notepad ++ or even directly these 3 files ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp