Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from RH 2019 Classic to RH 2020 - Missing TOC links

Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm attempting to upgrade from RH 2019 Classic to RH 2020.  In doing the upgrade, only a portion of Project (htm) files are getting brought into the upgraded project.

How can I get my project to upgrade correctly?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try upgrading your 2019 Classic project to 2019 New UI first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that after I tried to do the upgrade using 2020.  Both versions had the same results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to ask before. What version of 2019 are you using? The latest patch version  is update 14, so if you have an earlier version it might be worth upgrading to the latest patch and trying again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded to update 14 and did try it again...same problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there's something messed up in going from RH2019 Classic to RH2019 New UI, then trying the jump from Classic to RH2020 will never work. I suggest you contact the RH folks at techcomm@adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the TOC that is missing the topics or are they also missing in the Contents panel?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're missing from both.  I've submitted the project to Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be interested to learn what caused this.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I discovered that my 'root.fpj' file didn't contain the correct TOC.  I deleted the file and resaved my project using RH 2019 Classic.  I was then able to successfully upgrade the project into RH 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp