• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from Robohelp 2017 to Robohelp 2019

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I currently have Robohelp 2017. Is the upgrade from Robohelp 2017 direct to Robohelp 2019? Do I just run the 2019 installer? Where do I download Robohelp 2019 from?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you wanting 2019 because you want to use the Classic version? If so I'm not sure but can find out.

The current version is 2020 which only comes with the new UI. It does not have a Classic version and whilst there is a trial, it is then subscription only.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - Thank you so much for the reply. I went to 2019 because I was told that was the latest stable version. Now I am not sure that is true. I am using the New UI in 2019 and I love it. For many years, I always felt that Robohelp was lacking in its UI and editing screens. I started on 2015 and went to 2017. I mainly generated a .chm output for my job.

Now I have to provide HTML output and provide Map ID's so the web developers can link to my topics. In 2019, I am not sure if I should use Microsoft HTML Help or Responsive HTML5 output. I do not want the help file to look like a website. I apologize for sounding like a rookie, I have been watching videos all day, trying to get  up to speed. 

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like this thread has been continued at Outputs in Robohelp 2019 - Adobe Support Community - 11870929

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new question regarding this Thread. I upgraded to 2019. I definitely see some bugs. If I click help, I have attached the version I have. Can someone please verify I have the latest version of 2019. I see things like the content disappearing when I am moving pages around. If there are updates, I would like to install them. Thank you in advance.

[PII removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking Updates will always tell you the answer to that. In your case it will update you to 2019. 0.14.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - I realized I have so much to learn. Thank you so much. I updated it to 2019.0.14.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen this occur? I have updated to Robohelp 2019 2019. 0.14.. I am still seeing an issue in the Contents panel. When I delete a topic under a folder, all the topics under the folder get removed.  In the example below I had at least 5 topics under Configuration. They do not get removed from WindowsExplorer, so a restart of Robohelp gets them back in. Any help would be appreciated. 

ContentsDisappear.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were issues in 2019 but I don't recall this particular one. Try one of the sample projects in Documents > My RoboHelp Projects and see if you encounter the same problem. 

Beyond that and assuming your are running on Windows 10, I don't know why you are seeing this. If it is repeatable in any project, I suggest you try Support on this one. See https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/enterprise-support.other.html#robohelp for your support contact options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - Thank you for the information. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume your PC meets the system requirements? The new RH is pretty memory hungry so if for some reason you only met the minimum RAM requirements, I'd highly recommend getting more.

https://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/user-guide.html/robohelp/using/rh_system_requirements.ug.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have 32 Gig in the computer and an I7 processor. I should be good on the requirements. Thank you for the system requirements link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand 2020 uses less memory than 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter - Thank you. I should have taken your advice and went right up to 2020 instead of 2019. I am having a few issues, but I am hoping it is user errors. The editor is a little flakey regarding Styles, but I am managing. I have a deadline on a big project and I think I will stick with 2019 for now and work around the few issues I see. Thank you for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure you're up to date in RH2020 - the first release had a bug that wouldn't allow you to update within the software, but that was fixed in subsequent patches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp