Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Upgrading Webhelp skin?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an old project created in RH2019 Classic which used a customised Webhelp skin. We had removed the header and also the search field (we just had a search tab in the left-hand area). The company has upgraded to RH2020, and updating the projects (there are over 100 of them) does not upgrade the customised skins. I have managed to perform most of the customisations, but cannot see how to remove the header and search field. Is there a way to do this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By default a responsive skin will have been applied, probably Azure Blue, but retaining your old skin name. If that is what you have used then customisation is limited. Even if I could find the answer it would not be for a couple of weeks as I am travelling. 

Frameless skins have many more customisation options built in. I hid the top section search by setting display to none. I think the header involves removing a div tag. 

Help others by clicking Correct Answer or Like if helpful. Found your answer elsewhere? Share it here.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if this works for hiding the search field. While it's for Classic, I don't think the responsive skins changed much.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/robohelp-discussions/how-do-you-remove-the-search-engine/m-p/12730455

For the header, you'll need to inspect the output and figure out what styles need to change to get the look you want. Once you figure that out you can add them to the custom css as per the post about the search field. If you're not that familiar with css and html I'd recommend asking a friendly developer for help (it's not hard, just confusing if you're not familiar with them already.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks. I have removed the errant search field. Now I just have to work out the header. Thanks for the help :).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp